Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Bill Fay - I Hear You Calling

fay3.jpg
I wanted to cover this song, but we flew back from europe today and I am so exhasted that the idea of messing with wires and knobs makes me feel dizzy. I still was so moved by this song that I wanted to go ahead and share it here. I heard this album years ago and didn't know what to make of it. It seemed like something my friend's liberal parents would listen to in their basement while they secretly smoked joints after filing their taxes. I guess I'm getting older because I happened to find it on my ipod in the van, driving through germany, and it fit my deflating mood perfectly. I've been really fixated on the idea of wasted time lately and the line "all my time is lying on the factory floor" seems so melancholy it almost moves me to cry.

I recomend you check out the rest of the album this song is from, "The Time of the Last Persecution"

Bill Fay - I Hear You Calling